Sunday, April 15, 2012

Linder 10 inch "Convex" 10 inch Machete. Good TEOTWAWKI Knife or just make some kindling with it.

In years past I have offered Linder hunting knives. Linder is a very old German guild knife maker out of Solingen.  This was something a little different that I came across at a reasonable price. It is a Linder 10 machete. Blade material is supposed to be stainless steel. The blade is not marked with a country of origin though I suspect they are made in South America, possibly Argentina. Decent blade grind they come pretty sharp out of the box. Thick blade approx 1/4 inch. 1 pound 5 oz in the sheath so pretty heavy but that is what you want in a machete especially a short one.  Very generous comfortable handle with dark hard wood grips. The only complaint I have is I think the handle could have been finished better there are some tool marks on it. The wood look very porous and could use some sealant. Very nice cordura sheath with 4 snap and generous belt loop. Not a bad piece at a reasonable price. I don't know if we are going to keep these as regular stock or not. I have not used one yet so can not really speak to edge retention.
http://youtu.be/pHuHe0S1qtc

No comments:

Post a Comment